Kick Panels with Speakers Question

OhMonte

Has anyone installed the repop kick panels with the pre mounted speakers? I read a review on the OPGI where someone complained the set-up interfered with the emergency brake. Does anyone have info on that?

Also, what depth speaker can you fit in there? The speakers that come pre installed look shallow, and I'd like to go with a better speaker (which means bigger magnet and deeper seating).

I know this is an old topic but I didn't see any of this info in the threads.

Thanks!

Joe

Yes, Installed here. No interference issues, but I have the shallow base speakers which come with the panels. I have heard that there could be issues if you order the upgraded Pioneer speakers with it...

Thanks for the info and pic. I'm considering buying the panels with only the speaker cut-outs and buying a set of JL Audio or Rockford Fosgate speakers. But the mounting depth is between 2 & 3" so I'd hate to buy these and then not be able to use the speakers because of inadequate rear spacing. It's a tough call. I'll have to remove mine and see if I can guesstimate how much room I have for bigger magnet/ deeper speakers. I'll update this thread if I find out anything new.

Joe

I bought a set without the speaker and added my own. I added component speakers and put the tweeters up under the dash pad where the factory speakers were...sounds so much better to get the highs up at ear level.