back in action

CrazyDavey

we had a double header points race this weekend, got to run Saturday but got rained out on Sunday. First time out this year without any oil pan or oil pump issues, it was good to have the car running good again. I had to miss a race so this was important to try and make up points to be on the Division 6 team at the end of August.

I have really calmed the car down using a different gear set in the trans so it's not doing the crazy wheelies hitting the tires too hard but now launching very consistently. For 7 passes my 60' only varied .01 from 1.33 to 1.34...like a race car should... grin

Went through 5 rounds into the semi's...on the last pass the car had been picking up so I was concerned about breaking out, I tapped the brakes at the end but ended up giving back too much stripe. I lost by 12 ten thousands of a second...bummer...still made up a lot of points and took home a few $$. I sure am out of shape though, I was one tired warrior at the end of the day....

woodburn_6-15-14.jpg

here's a link to a FB vid...had a plan to push the other car out and I did..9.60..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202153791789387

wink

Atta boy Dave! You haven't missed a lick!!!! Keep up the good work!

I can't remember, are you running a glide? Glad you have the car so consistent. Man and losing the round by .0012 of second is like what 11". That was a close race for sure.

I say you're a winner though, facing the challenges that you have and dealing with them in such a positive manner.

David

thanks guys...

David it's the TH400....Dal built it up last year with all the trick stuff...billet this...hardened that...with a 2.10 gear set...my launch ratio before was 9.64...going to the 2.10 plus a 4.11 changed it to 8.63...so it doesn't hit the tires so hard...

Tony I don't know about being an inspiration to anyone...I'm just a regular guy trying to keep things as normal as possible. Now if it all turns to crap I will be more messed up like most people would....right now I'm' still very hopeful... grin

Trying to keep things normal is all you can ask for Dave, keep your mind active,do what you love, and stay positive! It helps.

Inspiration may have been too strong a word, lol but you have my respect wink