front end opinions

Hi guys, i'm thinking about getting into a front end upgrade and was looking for any opinions. I like to go with new upper and lower tubular control arms. I like the BMR setup. Has anyone done this upgrade and what did you go with and why. Thanks guys, I always get great advice from all of you. Bill

Mine,I believe, are a global west clones I got at a local speed shop. I think they are the same as the ones that "abad71camaro" sells on ebay for 289$ A arms . The main reason I got them are for the improved steering qualities that come with them. 2nd, I think they look better than the stock ones. 3rd, they are alot stronger than the stamped steel OE ones. I know some people bash the import stuff but I am very impressed with how well these are made and about 40-60% cheaper depending on brand you compare them to. Here are a some pics of mine installed. If you want any close up, just ask. Install was not that bad.

LerftRotorTopView_zps39ebe3f4.jpg

LerftRotor_zps081ad4cc.jpg

That looks awesome. I have seen those a arms on ebay but was scared to get them. Did you notice a difference in handling right away cause that's what my car needs. What springs,shocks and rotors did you go with. Because with the money savings I could do the whole thing. Thanks for the pics.

First a little bit about myself. I am retired military of almost 22 years of service. In that time I was solely a jet engine mechanic and have literally rebuilt hundreds of jet engines and spent thousands of hours repairing other systems on several different aircraft. In my current position of 16 years as an Industrial mechanic, I work for the largest agricultural equipment producer in the world. Think green. I keep all the CNC, robotics and other manufacturing machines running. I am also a certified welder and novice machinist.

I stated all the above just for one reason and that is to let you know I'm not just some average Joe saying something I know nothing about. I looked over the A ams and found the quality to be very good. I purchased mine almost a year ago and when I got them I looked the welds over and was very impressed. I also rockwelled them and compared them to the original steel on my Monte and found the metal to be a stronger material.

When I bought mine I did a search and read a lot about some of the problems that were there. Most of that was over 10 years ago. Do I think they actually had a problem back then? yeah. For those that are 40 plus years and older, don't you remember when Japan made a lot of junk? It just took them some time to get their machines and processes in line. Now Japan make some of the most precise equipment in the world. I know my plant is full of them. I think the same thing applies here.

I just quickly researched the topic again. I only came across a few guys that ever had any kind of problem and most of the topics were old. Most of it was just hearsay.

I must admit though at first I was a little leary when I went to purchased mine. however after I was able to handle them and give them a look over, I was willing to buy. If I even thought for a moment that they would be even remotely unsafe I would have got my money back immediately. I like the set I have and would not hesitate to buy another one.

I looked at the stock style arms for my 72 project and ended up going with a tubular arms from speedway motors.91036472_L_19f803a3.jpg looks to be the as Daryl. I got them as they were the same price as buying loaded control arms for the 72. I haven't gotten shocks yet so the arms are just in place with lowering springs trying to get the front on the ground or close to it.

I am doing a total rebuild of my car and as of yet the body is not even on the frame. So I haven't had a chance to test them out. As far as the springs goes those are Moog's BBC stock replacements and for shocks I'm going to go with Vikings. My spindles are a 2 inch drop and I can't remember where the rotors came from without digging through a huge pile of receipts, don't tell the wife!

There is definately a lot of things to consider. I love the look that all the new items will have, but I'm afraid of being one of the few guys to actually have a problem with the less expensive stuff. That site had a lot of good info. Still can't decide.

I'm in the same place right now with picking out new front arms. I looked at the Ebay ones but heard to many stories about the china made arms having bad welds and cracking. What I found to be the best bang for your buck is the UMI front uppers/lowers. Their not cheap but not as bad as some others out their.

Just bought the bmr upper and lower control arms with springs. Won't be installing them for a few months cause I'm looking at the front brakes and if I'm going to put in all those new things, id better save up and do the brakes too. Boy was that a tough choice but I'm picking them up in tampa next month when I'm out that way,saves 75 on shipping.