umi control arm

I'm getting close to ordering my new front upper/lower control arms but had a question about running the tall ball joints vs. the stock height ones. I know the tall ones help with camber but is their any negative's to them? Do they work well with lower springs? Just want to get this right before hand smile

I think it will be a huge improvement in the handling of the car by keeping the tire contact flat during hard cornering instead of the tire rolling over on its sidewall. According to UMI they work with 1-2" drop springs With the appropriate springs and shocks and having the rear suspension up graded ya out to have a Monte that would handle exceptional well.

I have there rear lower arms control arms and braces that replace the flimsy factory ones that tie the upper and lower rear arms together. Of course mine is more straight line performance type suspension.LOL! UMI makes awesome products right here in the USA and they have great customer service!

Here is a tech tip link in regards to tall balljoint control arms. http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_251_272

David

Thanks for the link, very helpful. I'm going to have to call to get a little more info on it but I'm about a few weeks away from having the cash to get both the uppers and lowers.

I think it will be a huge improvement in the handling of the car by keeping the tire contact flat during hard cornering instead of the tire rolling over on its sidewall. According to UMI they work with 1-2" drop springs With the appropriate springs and shocks and having the rear suspension up graded ya out to have a Monte that would handle exceptional well.

I have there rear lower arms control arms and braces that replace the flimsy factory ones that tie the upper and lower rear arms together. Of course mine is more straight line performance type suspension.LOL! UMI makes awesome products right here in the USA and they have great customer service!

Here is a tech tip link in regards to tall balljoint control arms. http://umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_251_272

David

Call Ramey Womer at UMI. He is the expert on their products and will go over all the questions you have and won't steer you wrong. (Pun intended) lol

Will do, thanks

Keep in mind that a tall ball joint in the lower arm lowers the front about a inch. You will also have to notch the disc brake shield for clearance.

Ok good to know. I plan on lowering the front a inch anyways and the brakes are not going to be stock so not sure if that will affect whatever I go with