Side mount battery cable replacement??

MI_Custumz

I was wanting to replace the ends of the battery cables. Then I was thinking, would it be easier in the long run to just replace the cables instead of just the ends? Where would I get the ends and/or cables at? I am not concerned with factory correctness, just want it to look good. I was tossing around the idea of a battery shut off switch for it as well. I see you can convert a side mount battery into a "top mount" and use those cables that are more readily available, but not sure I want to go that route. Any opinions?

The clamp-on cable ends aren't a good option. They corrode easily, and even when new, they don't transfer current as well as a pre-terminated end.

I vote for new cables.

if there is a specialized battary store (auto,truck) nearby..I got all my connectors crimped and soldered by a local dealer

Ok. Sounds like I will measure them and get new cables and have a shop do the ends. Unless a store actually carries the right length I need. What guage cable should I get?