Water temp sensor wires

PhatNBad

Hi folks....I just put a 383 stroker in my 70. The new motor only has a 3/8 npt port in the side of the drivers side head (dart), so my temp (water) sensor wont fit cause its 1/2 npt. Moving it to the intake is not a problem, but Im wondering why the wiring is 2 wires? Seems most of them Ive seen on montes and chevelles is 1 wire. Since I have the original sensor with the 2 flat spade connections, this isn't and issue but Im curious why? Thanks for your input.

footballubet - can you send me pics of the valve covers you have? I used the 383 stroker valve covers from summit, but if they get beat up, id love to have a set of dart VC's cause I used a dart intake and heads. What 3/8 water temp sensor did you use? All the research I did says that they're isn't a 3/8 npt sensor that has the right resistance for our cars. Is there? Id love to have one. Im still confused though. The sensor I took out of my stock heads has 2 spade connectors, I dont have another sensor anywhere. So if that one is for the TSC solenoid (which was in the drivers side head) where is my temp sensor? I didnt have a threaded stud sensor anywhere, so I dont have any other wires, just the 2 spades that originally went to the stock sensor. Confused....

If you want to email me pics of the VCs, send them to superChevy@nycap.rr.com.

Thanks!