Console mounting bracket

Leghome

My console was only held in place by the mount by the Horseshoe shifter. I bought a rear mount but cannot figure out where to put it at. I was hoping there would be dimples or some kind of marking but I have found nothing to help me out. Any help would be appreciated.

Got the rest of the side glasses installed and adjusted this morning, The back of the drivers bucket seat stripped to the bare springs and started stripping the drivers bucket seat bottom.

Larry,  here is a pdf on the console install:    ://macc.chevelles.net/console_install.pdf     (prefixed by http)

I'd lean to reverse engineering it, if nothing else works...  attach the mount to the rear of the console and then affix the console itself to the horseshoe shifter, subsequently marking your mounting point from the attached rear mount. 

Can I ask where you purchased your quarter glass?  

That's what I did as well. Mount the mount, then mark the holes. The mount I purchased was adjustable fore and aft if minor adjustments are necessary later on. I found the job fairly easy. Good luck!

Not to bad, did this several months ago, I used a used mount out of a parts car, but had the luxury of knowing where it went by that, then welded it to my grandpa's floorboard.