New Vintage Direct Fit Gauges

Daryl

I scored ! I've been looking at these  post-1039-0-66213700-1424593776_thumb.jpgand the Dakota digital for some time now but was waiting untill I made some other larger purchases first. While surfing on eBay I ran across this auction. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VINTAGE-USA-DIRECT-FIT-GAUGES-70-72-CHEVY-CHEVELLE-NVU-72601-69-NEW-DASH-/121574216516?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D121574216516%26_rdc%3D1&nma=true&si=BFB3WF3yK2MW1jfSJHiKdl1xbY8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557 I jummped on them right away. Ended up getting them for about half the price that Summit sells them for. I think I'll do a review and a video of the install because I coundn't find one for this gauge set anywhere. Might help the next guy out.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to installing the gauges in the instrument panel. First thing I did was clean the old housing and gave it a coat of semi-gloss black.

th_1_zps7aqviz34.jpg

Next locate the inner gauge holder. It only goes on one way and is labeled at the top with the word “back”.

th_2_zpsidaoms39.jpg

Slide the gauge through the appropriate hole in the inner holder.

th_5_zpsw3f8u04m.jpg

Install the the retainer ring, washers and nuts.

th_3_zpsftfdaakf.jpg

Repeat this process for all 3 large gauges. Once done the gauge holder sets in your original instument holder

th_6_zpspm2eyo0o.jpg

Next the backing plate goes on. Once again it is directional and is labeled “Back”at the top. Notice in the picture there are 8 screws partially threaded in the plate. These are jack screws. Once the rear plate is mounted, 3 screws at the top and 2 at the bottom, it will hold the inner gauge assembly in place by screwing in the 8 screws. The LEDs at the top are for your turn signal lights.

th_7_zpsy4zpvvtt.jpg

That's all I got for now.... will finish up tommorow.