what size are clutch/flywheel bolts

farmall

Hi guys,

I am gathering parts for my Muncie conversion.  I am wondering about the bolts that attach flywheel to crank and bolts that attach clutch to flywheel.  Does anyone know quantity, thread pitch, length and grade?  Are there lock washers also?

Sam is correct, use those ARP bolts. For your bellhousing bolts you can use grade 8 bolts, I installed a Lakewood bell vs a stock bell like your using so I made several trips to ACE for the proper size bolts..............

And use loctite on the flywheel and pressure plate bolts!

Sam, your advice should be followed more....   Years ago, a guy at work drove a '66 wagon as his daily driver.  Just an unrestored car with a good running small block and faded paint.

One day he comes to work and asked if I would be interested in buying his car.   I thanked him, but declined, as I had too many project cars as it was.  He persisted though, and confessed that the transmission had gone out in it, and he needed to sell it...   he said, just give me $25 for it, the battery is only a couple of days old!

What can you do...  of course I bought it.  

When I looked it over, the bolts connecting the torque converter to the flex plate had merely come out.     Doug

:k your car... do as you please :k

I don't like the red loctite, I use the medium strength, a little loctite goes a long way, when you work on trucks/cars/equipment for a living, you learn some valuable lessons :whistle: 

Thanks Sam.  Is the medium blue in color?  I am getting really excited to tackle this project.  I am going to try to get everything I can think of and have it ready just in case my work schedule gives me some unexpected time off.