Spring Ring cables....grrrrrrrrr.

LS5

Well frustraiting as heck try to come up with a Vendor that actually knows and sells the correct item...grrrrrrrrrrrr.

we all know the difference in length from the 1970-72 Chevelle to the 1970-72 Monte Carlo and the fact its from the Firewall Forward or more correct would be to say from the firewall to the upper A arm is the first increase in length and then after the upper A arm on the frame to basically the end of the frame horns or in this case the Battery Tray as it still bolts on the front Rad craddle which is attached to the frame horns. Anyways, both Year One and OPG are convinced their spring ring cables for the 1970 Chevelle BB cars are the same length for my 402 4spd car. I knew basically they were not but like a Meathead I went and bought sets from each after each other and finding yep way to short...... about 6.3 inches to short on the Positive cable when run correctly and then 3.2 inches to short on the negative cable hence the monte being 6.3 inches longer than the 70 chevelle overall .......

Here is the email I sent asking and giving a description in detail as to why and what I needed before I buy from the 3rd guy....

Hi guys, here is my question and problem. I have a 1970 monte carlo 402 4spd car. I have been trying to buy the original style Spring Ring top post battery cables for it. I have been told and also know working at GM for 18 years in the past that the 1970 Chevelle SS cables are the same length ??? as you guys know the Monte carlo from the firewall forward is 6.3 inches longer than the chevelle, so the 2 sets of cables I have bought already from 2 other companies have both said the 1970 chevelle is the same so I bought them and yes Both sets are too SHORT. even the negative cable was short too as when bolting to the Alt bracket the battery sits 3.2 inches further ahead than the chevelle so it wont reach. and the positive cable is 6.3 inches to short as the monte frame got longer 3 inches before the upper control arm and from the firewall and then got another 3.2 inches longer after the upper control are to where the battery try is. so both cables end up being to short.

Do you guys sell Both Correct spring ring cables for my BB Monte Cralo ?? 
thanks for your help Darren Bull. 

The reply I got back was....... " Hey Darren just buy the 1970 Chevelle SS cables they are the same length"
can you say hello stupid did you read my email at all or just sift through it real quick....
grrrrrrrrrr.

anyone of our members had any luck buying spring ring cables for our first gens and actually got the correct ones ???
always nice to vent..   hahaha
Thanks Darren.