passenger mirror

does anyone know if anyone makes a mirror for the passenger's side that mathces the origional body colored mirror on the drivers side? I like how the origional mirror on the drivers side looks, so i want to try to get a mirror to match it on the other side.

Lloyd,

I know that the chrome passenger side mirrors (non-remote) are available from several parts places. I don't believe that a chrome remote mirror was ever offered for the passenger side of FGMCs, though.

Dave

------------------

I'm Just Enjoyin' That Great S-S-Sensation; Diggin' My First G-G-Generation.

Well i have good news and bad news.

First what you are talking about is the SPORT MIRROR. It was avaliable in '71 i believe as an option and in '72 as part of the Custom package (driver side)

GOOD NEWS: smile.gif They are avaliable, but very scarce. I've been looking for a while now but haven't seen any for sale on Ebay in that past year or so.

I know that The Parts Place (Chicago) has them, but...

BAD NEWS: frown.gif They only sell them as a set (Driver remote & Passenger) for i think aroung $300 - $350 US. They will ONLY sell them as a set (trust. i've asked) Otherwise i have not seen anyone else who has them.

Just as a note DO NOT try to sub a '73 and up mirror or a Nova/Chevelle/Etc. mirror as the angles where they sit on the car do not match and the mirror will look very weird ... unless you happen to be a contortionist.

I do know for a fact that they do exist. I have pictures! But i believe they were very rarely ordered.

If you do happen to find one, or perhaps ... GASP! ... a few of them please let me know marchies402custom@rogers.com

Good Luck!

MarchieB

Hey Hey

Andrew72 I am going to use I think they are 78-83 Monte sport mirrors I got all mine on E-bay the newer ones don't look as good as the olders.I am so far away from working on them I got them put away and you can get a used set for under 50.00 Check them out if you can't find what they look liks send me an e-mail and I will pull them down and take a few shots and send them to you I found a set on e-bay the numbers is 2428724471 Bidding starts at 20.00 for the pair they need paint from what I saw

Another set and that number is 2428570661 they are from 81-85 A body Gm and he has buy it now 34.00 its the 86 and up that are larger check them out

Dave

------------------

http://datadave49.tripod.com/ </a>

http://members.cardomain.com/datadave49

354153_27.jpg

354153_30.jpg

[This message has been edited by datadave49 (edited 08-19-2003).]

Are you sure Marchie? I believe you have pictures, but are the mirrors legit? I have never seen a passenger side sport mirror, nor have I seen a build sheet showing the option. I have no idea; I just thought they didn't exist. Maybe they only came on Montes with the LS-6 option?

Hey Hey

I don't know if they came stock of if you had to order them ? I know if you want the sport look on both sides 73-85 will work Check the item number my first post for e-bay they look lkie the driver side sport mirrors I have seen I on FGMC are they correct I don't think so only because they are from 73-85 Montesfor

Dave

These are the pics. If it was added afterward to the car i cannot tell you. I do know that the Parts Place sells them as a set.

My build info lists i believe G84??? and says driver remote and passenger sport mirrors. but my car does not and i was told never had the two mirrors.

http://hometown.aol.com/bigchrissuperman/myhomepage/profile.html

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MarchieB:
These are the pics. If it was added afterward to the car i cannot tell you. I do know that the Parts Place sells them as a set.
My build info lists i believe G84??? and says driver remote and passenger sport mirrors. but my car does not and i was told never had the two mirrors.

http://hometown.aol.com/bigchrissuperman/myhomepage/profile.html
</font>

Hey Hey
They look like the one that I had the item number
from my post from the 19th check them out and lloyd I will have one or two left over if you can wait untill I get done with the doors (yea right)they will be there
Dave