ENGINE - Header???what to use

Well i'm am near finish rebuilding the engine 350ci.

Stainless?

Ceramic coated?

anyone company?

I have the stock exhaust manifolds ready to go back on and then I thought...what if.!?!

I plan on running duals with the H crossover.

So I'm just lookin for ideas.

Regular Flowtech Headers, part no. 11108FLT will fit pretty nice (unless you have manual tranny). You will need a custom bracket for the A/C. These headers are available with black paint (which burns off within two minutes) or ceramic coated.

Link:

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESFT/FThdr.html

------------------

71 Monte 383 "The Full Monty"

86 Monte LS ZZ4 "The Gray Mouse"

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

---------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

When you bring the picture I just posted up, you can make it even larger by clicking on it again. This will give you a clearer image of the headers and the ceramic coating. This is on my Monte.

Lon

Word of caution in regards to ceramic coated headers. This coating should last a long time but as I found out with a set of Hooker Super Comp Headers it doesn't. When they coat the headers, after coating they tumble them to polish the coating so it looks shiney. But, what happens is that this also removes some of the coating and makes it thinner. Hot headers + a little moisture = RUST. I know of a company that coates headers in Chicago if your intrested. They prefer untreated headers to coat. I just recoated mine again with a dark grey coating that they guaranty for life. If it peels or rusts they will redo them for free. As I see it now only time will tell.

I used Heddman shortys on my BB. They fit well. I just got new ones to get rid of the AIR tubes and sent them to Jet-Hot. I have never heard of any problems with their coatings unless the headers that were sent were rusted to start with. I would stay away from full length headers to keep your ground clearance. When I had the SB in the car I would drag over speed bumps with the full length headers. My shortys don't even come close to touching even with the front end sitting a little lower than stock.

[This message has been edited by iceman (edited 06-13-2001).]

Ya, I have big block springs in my Monte (see picture above) and I NEVER hit/rub on anything. You can see by the picture I have plenty of clearance. Just an option for ya.

Lon