Complete wiring harness install need help

sfdl32

Hi all, I am in the final stages of a long many year rebuild of my 70 Monte. I am at the point that I am connecting the wiring.  I have new M&H wiring harness for the engine,forward lamps, and dash.  I've started installing all of these but am not sure where some of the wiring connects to.  Does anyone have detailed pics of correct wiring? these wiring harness are all factory correct and my car is a small block auto tranny with idiot lights and no gauges and A/C.  I would even be willing to pay someone to come out and help me properly install the harness'.  Car is located in Streetsboro,Ohio. Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks

You have mentioned about the transmission and engine and dash, did you order the Harness which coresponds to each of those you specified and the correct year as well ? The Year has to be correct FOR SURE. dont let them tell you they are all the same for the 3 years because they are Very wrong. they also make a 4spd harness as well so an automatic engine harness is for sure what you need. and Did you order the harness with HEI in mind or the stock set up as its different for HEI as well.  AC cars also use a different forward harness.

Sorry had to ask all this as I have done enough harness swap overs and had to deal with the wrong year and types of harness's and makes it harder to do. What colors and and which harness are they from ?

Darren.

Do you have a '70 factory wiring diagram manual?  If not, send me a PM with your email address and I will send you printable photos of the 2 engine compartment pages (or all 14 pages if you prefer).  

They won't show you (pictorially) where to connect things, of course, but it will confirm which wires go to which components/accessories.  It would be helpful if the harness manuracturer used wire colors that matched the factory wires, but I have no idea if they did in your case.

Thanks guys for the replys.  Yes I did order the correct harness for my year and options.  I have a factory build manual but its not the easiest to use.  What I think I really need are good photos showing the back side of a dash that is intact but not mounted in the car or maybe some detailed photos of the engine bay wiring.  I'll post some pics of what I have questions about later this week when I'm back to working on the car.  Thanks again

The Back of the dash I dont have pictures of but name the colors of the wires and I will tell you exactly where they go... I love doing dashes and have done about 50 of them. you came to the right place to seek out help.. LOTS of knowledgable guys here......And Sam too..... :grin:

Darren.