Hood molding

Monteguy,

The molding along the back edge of the hood

is a friction fit. I have had mine off.

Just take your time so you don't damage it.

Greg

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by monteguy:
Does anyone know how to remove the chrome hood molding? I tried to pry it off but I don't want to ruin it. </font>

A short block of wood with a sharp edge and a hammer. Put the edge of the wood against the chrome and tap, not hit, with the hammer. Slowly work across the hood. You can install it the same way.

------------------
Steve

Homedepot paint stick used for mixing paint works great. Just cut a pc about 2" long and tap it with a hammer. Works great.

Thanks for the help guys! I'll give it a try. Since I'm on sort of the same subject, I'll throw this one out. How do I remove the molding that runs above the door window? If the car had a vinyl top, this piece would be right next to the vinyl top molding.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by monteguy:
Thanks for the help guys! I'll give it a try. Since I'm on sort of the same subject, I'll throw this one out. How do I remove the molding that runs above the door window? If the car had a vinyl top, this piece would be right next to the vinyl top molding. </font>

If you are talking about the drip molding, I have been using a putty knife and a small screwdriver. Working your way in from underneath (bottom) with the putty knife, you can tap, push in under it a section at a time and using the screwdriver only to keep it from slipping back on. Don't try to get any section too far off the rail and bend the moulding. Start with the corner piece first. Easy to do.

------------------
George Lines

[This message has been edited by George Lines (edited 08-15-2002).]

I started to use a screwdriver but the molding was bending too much. I put the corner back on and haven't bothered with it since. I'll give it another try someday. Thanks.