ignition wiring on column and fuse panel

Aaronz28

Ok -  the previous owner installed an HEI ignition along with a Kill switch under the dash - - 

car is a 70s, tilt column, ac, gauge package  - 

i'm removing both to reinstall the original wiring...

here's my problem -   when i started removing wires including the oil switch - unplugging stuff from the fuse panel -  apparently, something in the wires now leave the switch to accessory position - as overnight  - it drained the battery....  baffled because it really doesn't make sense ...

anyway -  from the fuse panel - there was a wire to a kill switch - which seemed to go over to the top left of the plug on top of the column...

there is a large purple wire - which appears far too long to be where it is - so I'm guessing this makes it way over to the fuse panel...

basically - i think in the install of the HEI -  previous owner moved some wires around.

does anyone have a photo of the plug that sits on top of the column (the one actuated by the ignition switch rod)

and a photo of the fuse panel so i can see if/where the long purple wire goes?  it looks like the purple/white wire has been cut and then respliced - so i'm not 100% sure what is what

thanks in advance

Aaron

yes I need to see the ignition switch wiring - i can't quite make out the schematic - - although from the looks of what i have - he changed wires around - and now i'm getting a dead short at the battery :(

Aaron,

I have attached several photos of individual pages of the '70 Monte Carlo wiring diagram. If these are not large enough to read, send me your email and I will send them to you as jpg files that you can print full size. There are 14 total pages in the manual that completely cover all standard and optional electrical components and circuits of the vehicle.

post-567-0-43593600-1454381220_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-75640600-1454381230_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-13229800-1454381243_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-30678800-1454381258_thumb.jpgpost-567-0-97403600-1454381271_thumb.jpg

PS the ignition switch wiring is shown at the top of the middle page above. Good luck!