72 Monte Carlo

Our 72 Monte does not have Monte Carlo written on the interior or exterior of the car. Should It? If so where should it be? Any help or sugestion will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I can not say about the interior of the 72, but I can not think of any markings on my 70's interior.

As far as the exterior on the 70 and I think all models it was in three places. For sure on the 70 and 71 it was on the back right side just below the trunk and I think on the 72 it was in the same place on the trim which goes between the trunk and bumper. Then on both sides on what I think is call the sail panel which is the panel between the rear quarter glass and back window. Check out the photo album on this board.

Rob

On all '70-'72 Montes had script in these places:

outside

rear cove, passenger side, '70-'71 w/'By Chevrolet', '71 SS454 with 'SS'in its place, '72 script only

roof C-piller/sail panel, '70 h/t, all'71-'72; '70 converatables had this sript centered on the rear of front fender simular to where Chevelles had 'SS396' and 'SS454'

interior

script on hub/horn pad of base steering wheel, sport wheels used bowtie

dash/non A/C cars, 'Chevrolet' plate where the center air vents would be

The only place I recall having the Monte Carlo written emblem on the inside was on the horn button cover on the steering wheel. as far as the outside, the rear pillar areas on both sides, the trim piece that runs across the back below the trunk lid. This is all I can remember from mine.

My '72 has the Monte Carlo script on the molding at the back, and on each C-post. I was inclined to say at first that it was on the horn, too, inside, but I think it just says "Chevrolet" in script. Is that what you were thinking of on the horn, Clock, or did yours actually say Monte Carlo?

• 2 weeks later...

My '72 also has it on the standard horn, exterior sails, and trunk trim with script only, plus script MC initials on the "hood vane". Speaking of which, my initials are half gone; anyone know where I can get new ones?

------------------

Adam

[This message has been edited by 72Munnte (edited 02-28-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 72Munnte (edited 02-28-2001).]