Need Some Help

Im in the process of draging my dads 71 monte out of the shed,since he'll never get around to doing it but always says hes going to (farmer), i know that the cars a 71, and has a 350 in it, i think the torque converter is out of the tranny, no gear works, so what do i do, rebuild it? Whats that going to cost, i know that i can get a free tranny out of a 75 checy 3/4 ton cargo van but will that even work since the tranny in the carlo is a 400 turbo whatever? any suggestions

Rebuilds have cost my friends around $350.oo to $500.oo, depending on how bad they trashed them....(hard parts or just a basic kit).

Those were on late 60's and mid 70's Chevy and Ford.

thats not too bad, i guess it worked when he parked it in that shed 10 years ago....but then we got it out and only reverse worked but it slipped....n now we got nothin so i think its not too trashed but idk we'll see i guess

did you make sure the fluid is still in the tranny?

if it was just parked but not stripped of parts it probably just started draining fluid.

Sometimes someone has to state the obvious because it just may have been overlooked, and your not doing this later.. sillyme.gif