RESTORERS - Color of filler on rear bumper?

I would like to know what the color should be of the "rubber" filler that goes between the rear bumper under the tail lights? Not the black rubber piece that is visible from the side, but the piece under the tail lights. Mine has over-spray from the repaint, and I can't tell if it is supposed to be black, gray or the body color? Thanks, Bob

Hmmm,

I am pretty sure that my Monte had not been repainted before I got a hold of it biggrin.gif.

Both rubber pieces were full of the original paint (copper). I wonder if they put them on at the factory before painting the body...

------------------

71 Monte 383 "The Full Monty"

86 Monte LS ZZ4 "The Gray Mouse"

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

---------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

I have seen them both ways, painted and black . Also have seen paint on the outside of the rubber , could only get there with bumper off. My guess would be that these could all be right . Monte Carlos were assembled at several plants across the country. I have seen such things as one 70 with rubber tape on the rear light harness and another with cloth tape. If you look at some GM teck papers from the day they will say there are changes from one plant to another, of course this doesnt really answer the question.