how big of a driveshaft can fit???

bigscaht

my driveshaft I sat the shop getting ready for the gear vendors and the shop called me and asked would a 2.5" shaft fit because since I have to use a 1350 joint... they don't make one to fit out 2.25" shaft. instinctively I said it should fit but I really don't know??

and another question for any one else who has installed a gearvendors unit.....what was you drive shaft length if you ran a th350???

I have a TH400 and a gear vendors so the length won't help you I imagine but I am running a 3 1/2" diameter driveshaft. 

I also have the 1350 series u-joints...not sure how heavy duty you want to make your drivetrain but I used nongreasable u-joints which means there is no drilled hole for the fitting which then in turn means you have a stronger u-joint.

ahhh that's good to hear....so I should have no clearance issues....

I wan tmy drive train to be as heavy duty as possible so I don't have to mess with it again down the road..never thought about non greasable u joints....are those good for daily driving?

picking up mine today.....so I can finish the GV install and hopefully test tomarrow or Wednesday.....

never thought about non greasable u joints....are those good for daily driving?

picking up mine today.....so I can finish the GV install and hopefully test tomarrow or Wednesday.....

Are you going to be driving it 5 to 7 days a week? I am not sure if it would be okay as I have not driven my car that much...but I will say I installed the u-joints roughly 14 years ago and they are fine.

• 4 weeks later...