which tranny line goes to the top hole on the rad

i removed my tranny lines, anyone know which line goes to the top /bottom of the rad from the factory.i assume top line on the tranny to the top rad hole. thanks gene

I can't imagine that it would make a difference. The fluid just gets pumped to the other end and gets cooled as it goes through. There isn't anything fancy in the radiator, just a length of metal tube coiled up to fit in there and make contact with the coolant. If your lines fit either way, I'd just hook them up.

If you are reinstalling the stock lines they are formed/bent in such a way that the proper one lines up with the top rad fitting. Believe Wallaby is correct. Ed

its hard to mix up the stock lines on the radiator end but they can be crossed at the trans or if they have been cut for a cooler then it could be confusing .

sorry i cant say what the correct order is frown

i'll do some checking

mike

GENE THE LINE AT THE TOP OF THE TRANS IS YOUR PRESSURE LINE AND SOULD GO TO THE TOP HOLE IN THE RADIATER, AND THE BOTOM HOLE IN THE RADIATER SOULD GO TO BOTOM HOLE IN THE TRANS. IT DOSE MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

GENE THE LINE AT THE TOP OF THE TRANS IS YOUR PRESSURE LINE AND SOULD GO TO THE TOP HOLE IN THE RADIATER, AND THE BOTOM HOLE IN THE RADIATER SOULD GO TO BOTOM HOLE IN THE TRANS. IT DOES MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

After thinking about it, this is correct because the water would be cooler at the bottom of the radiator therby making the trans fluid cooler. Very important.

thanks guys, i have the engine at the machine shop , and figured i clean up the comparent was i was at it, and forgot to look closer when i pulled the trans. line .gene

GENE THE LINE AT THE TOP OF THE TRANS IS YOUR PRESSURE LINE AND SOULD GO TO THE TOP HOLE IN THE RADIATER, AND THE BOTOM HOLE IN THE RADIATER SOULD GO TO BOTOM HOLE IN THE TRANS. IT DOSE MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

CERTURION,

first thing, on the left side of the keyboard your using hit the "Caps Lock" button, it is very rude to keep typing in CAPS all the time.

second, explain why you quote above is correct?

Quote:
Originally posted by George Lines:

After thinking about it, this is correct because the water would be cooler at the bottom of the radiator therby making the trans fluid cooler. Very important.

George,

all the coolant on the right side of the radiator has already passed through the radiator tubes, so it should the the same temperature.

So I can't see where it would make a difference which way they go, but my new prebent lines, due to their bends, were impossible to hook up wrong.

I was thinking the same thing. I have an aftermarket trans cooler mounted in front of my radiator. I hope I didn't install it upside-down!

mr70monte I CAN'T TELL YOU WHY IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE THATS JUST WHAT I WAS TOLD FROM A GUY AT A TRANSNISSION SHOP.HE TOLD ME IT COULD BURN OUT THE TRANS.BUT I'M NOT A TRANS GUY I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW I WAS TOLD THEY SHOULD BE HOOKED UP.IF THATS NOT RIGHT THEN I WAS TOLD WRONG. mad

Well you got me thinking about this one now. So I looked it up.The botom line off the trans is your presser line and should be hooked to the top of the rad.Because of the flow of the fluid.It sould run down, not be pushed up because it make the pump work harder and makes more heat.And thats not good for the trans or the pump.Now the best way to hook it up would be to go from the botom line on the trans to the top of the rad,from the botom of the rad to the top of you trans cooler the botom of your trans cooler to the top of your trans. That way you have more cooling and less strain on the pump and the trans.Hope this helps.