402 bbc

ChrisM

I have got a 396/402 that is going in my 70 monte and I am wondering which headers will fit, looking to get a set of long tunes.

Any advice?

It is a US Company.

If I remember right, I paid around $550.00.  These were ceramic coated and added to the price tag.

I chose them because they were for a 1st Gen Monte Carlo.  When I see will fit various models advertised, I would not

buy unless another had verified fitment.  To many horror stories about having to modify in order to fit. 

Of course there are others that have had success with their fitment.

Try doing a search for Headers and see if older Posts don't offer you choices.  It was from those conversations that I

selected the Thorleys.  But there were several alternatives available. 

Doug

I Run American Racing Headers. They are the best fitting header I have found for the Monte. I have used Headman, Hooker and Doug Thorley. They are stainless with thick flanges, I do not use header gaskets just a little Ultra Grey silicone. They sit higher in the chassis, I flattened the bottom tubes of hooker headers, the collectors are tucked up tighter and are aimed right at the humps of the cross member. They are a little expensive but will never rust, I had my steel ones re-coated several times.