ENGINE - EXHAUST

getting a new Exhaust this weekend need to know what to get please i want the best up to 500 bucks it is cheaper here than it is on the east coast, what is the best i can get and tell the guys to put on my car, i have hooker headers already, getting the rest of the stuff and it all put in this weekedn biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

If you want a muffler that flows better than Flowmaster, check with MIDAS on a RAVIN exhaust. 500 bucks should buy you a complete system, labor included... smile.gif

------------------

71 Monte 454 HO "FULMNTE"

86 Monte LS "The Gray Mouse" FOR SALE!

Andreas' Monte Carlo Site

Member NMCOA, FGMCC (Event Coordinator)

------------------------------------------

Sig.gif

------------------------------------------

"It ain't a car if it's not a Monte"

I went to the local muffler shop called "Muffler & Go" for 2 1/2 inch aluminized pipe they sold a muffler called V-Force (it's a Flow Master knockoff) custom bent system for $300. I got it and it sounds,looks, and works Great! My Monte really needed the larger exhaust it was getting choked.

------------------

David,

My 72 Monte Carlo

BothSmall.jpg

My local hot-rod muffler place was straight up with me, and told me that 2 1/4" would bend real nice up & over the rear axle, But the 2 1/2" would get squashed by the bending machine with turns that tight. They said I'd actually get better flow from a "non-squashed" 2 1/4" pipe.

I said to heck with that, and bought tailpipes through Summit. They are mandrel bent (no squashing whatsoever), 2 1/2", and fit perfectly. Flowmaster makes 'em. The muffler shop had no problem installing them.

I bought the 2 1/2 Flowmaster system from Summit also. No complaints whatsoever.

Bob

------------------

1944 GPW Army Jeep

1964 Buick Riviera- For Sale

1970 Monte Carlo

1987 GMC 4x4

2001 MonteCarlo SS

www.MonteCarlo.da.ru

si.gif

www.01MonteSS.da.ru

You said you want the best - go with premade mandrel bent. Torque Tech and TA Performance both make a real nice system with every thing you need for about $300. just add the mufflers of your choice. They come in 2.5" and 3".

Any custom bent system will have reduced area at the bends, mandrel bent keeps a constant full diameter at the bends.

I have 3" the whole way back including over the rear axle with no problems.

------------------

Dave Kase

"Desmo888"

'70 SS454

always collecting info on the Monte Carlo SS454, questions always welcome.

You could still buy the mandrel-bent pipe set from Summit w/o mufflers, then go to Midas and have everything installed and welded up with Ravin mufflers smile.gif

My guy put Magna-flow mufflers on mine. They sound great. I also got the 2.5" aluminized pipe with an "H" crossover. I love the sound. The "H" pipe does create a little bass reverberation in the passenger cab at mid range RPM's. The guy told me that if I went with an "X" pipe I would lose alot of the sound. OH, don't forget those chrome SS tips, thet look awsome.