Door Panel Disassembly

Droff

I'm working on taking parts off of my door panels and need some advice on removing the clips that hold the chrome backing plate that the arm rests are attached to. I don't want to mangle anything more than necessary but I can't get anything on these to get them to open and release.

Thanks.

post-1245-0-20542900-1473285074_thumb.jpg

post-1245-0-64750900-1473285084_thumb.jpg

if you get them off without breaking the tab....consider yourself lucky

actually you don't need them, the armrest will hold them in position it's just easier to install everything with the clips holding the chrome trim to the door panels

unless the chrome trim is in excellent condition, I would just break-off the tabs and push it thru to save the clips and buy new re-popped chrome trim

• Like 1

Works for me.

Is there supposed to be a clip on all 3 tabs? I don't have that situation but it appears there are enough. I've gotten 2 off, no broken tabs yet.

I plan on replacing the backer board, so not real concerned with that part.

Thanks for the info Sam.

I used a set of needle nose pliers to remove mine, along with a small straight slot screwdriver. Didn't mangle them enough that reinstalling them was easy. Squeeze them together and push them through. If they don't quite bend enough you use the screwdriver flat part to pry up on one side.... once you get them started they pop right out. When you go to reinstall them, just spread them out a little after pushing the tab through. Take your time, its easy.