LED Taillight Installation Question

Andreas

I installed the LED taillights from Shiney Hiney a while ago. They work great except for one thing: During the Eastern Meet, I noticed that when I use the turn signal when the taillights are on, BOTH rear side turn signals are flashing. The front turn signals behave normal. I have not connected the yellow wires of the LED lights to anything, should I?

Anyone else with LEDs ran into this issue?

• 1 month later...
Guest ADGTRUNKLID

I did not connect the yellow wire either. Sounds like you have a short in the rear wiring somewhere. Or it could even be the turn signal in the steering column.

Guest ADGTRUNKLID

Disconnect the two blinker wires from each side from the LED taillights; leave a blinker on and use a test light on each side and see if both sides blink again on both sides. Then turn the other blinker on and retest to see what happens.

You might also want to buy another heavy duty flasher unit and try this test again. Hopefully just a faulty flasher unit.

Lloyd,

Are your rear blinkers working ok with the taillights on? just want to make sure that this is not a generic error with the LED lights, since I checked and doublechecked all wiring...

Guest ADGTRUNKLID

I just checked mine and while one side is blinking the other side may flicker a little every once in a while kind of like the rapid fire kicks in for a second. Again this may be due to the flasher unit that we may want to upgrade to the electronic version. With all that, mine still shows distinctively left and right blinker with the occasional flicker on the other side. I would still double check the two blinker wires to make certain there is no short. If you do test it with the yellow wire let me know how it turns out.

OK, thanks, Lloyd! Just to make sure: That was with the taillights on, right?

My signals are working fine until you turn the taillights on.

I will try to swap the flashers (emergency and blinker, both upgraded electronic versions) first and see what happens.