Noise going slow on turns ???

true blue

I just noticed a new noise from what i think is my Rear End ??

it's only noticable when your are going slow and make a turn at

a stop sign.... (What i have is a stock 10 bolt rear converted to a possi with 3.36 Auburn and about 2000 miles since install) I've checked the fluid level and all is ok. its

a grey color now but was originaly a purple i think it was call

Castrol Royal Purple Syntethic. It's only on the turn that it makes this noise and what it sounds like is a Electric Brake

on a Trailer grabbing any ideas ? should i change the oil ?

Maybe i'm parenoid but i don't seem to get the inside wheel drag on a turn like it use to do when new but maybe thats just my mind playing games because it still locks up when you burn

the tires ???

Thanks in advance.....

TB

It could just be that you are hearing the cones turn against eachother, which is how that unit works. I say find a parking lot and do some short figure eights and listen to it. Might be normal.

I just noticed a new noise from what i think is my Rear End ??

it's only noticable when your are going slow and make a turn at

a stop sign.... (What i have is a stock 10 bolt rear converted to a possi with 3.36 Auburn and about 2000 miles since install) I've checked the fluid level and all is ok. its

a grey color now but was originaly a purple i think it was call

Castrol Royal Purple Syntethic. It's only on the turn that it makes this noise and what it sounds like is a Electric Brake

on a Trailer grabbing any ideas ? should i change the oil ?

Maybe i'm parenoid but i don't seem to get the inside wheel drag on a turn like it use to do when new but maybe thats just my mind playing games because it still locks up when you burn

the tires ???

Thanks in advance.....

TB

did you add the posi additive to the rear end? this may be whats causing it. also it could be your wheel bearings doing the same thing. take the wheel and brake drum off and lif up and down on the axle shaft if it moves more than a 16th of an inch this could do it as well but you would notice vibration from the rear of the car while driving. or a brake shoe retainer spring and clip have broke off and is catching on the shoe causeing the same noise.

Alex