final results

kc8oye

got the monte done today.. took her out for a test drive.. and just my luck.. 2nd gear is _GONE_ there is basicly nothing there.

1st is a little slippy but nothing that I would consider 'terminal' at this point.. but when it makes the shift into 2nd, it feels like it goes back to nuetral, unless I rev the engine up and then suddenly grabs.

I tightened up the TV cable arbitrairly just in case, but it didn't help.

judging by all the chunks I found in the trans pan, I'm not too surprised wink

so, I still can't drive it.. but at least the conversion to the 700r4 is mostly done. now I can get the trans shop to pull it & rebuild it for me smile

Well, like Leo said tony, It was a core. I'm not bothered. when I got the pan off and saw what looked like a handful of gritty kitty litter I figured it was toast. But I actully planned it out this way, tho I was hoping the trans worked well enough to finish getting the engine broke in.. oh well!!

but now all the enginerring is done on the swap, and this way, I can let the trans shop handle the R&r and the can't say I did somthing wrong when I installed it!

on an interesting side note, I don't know it's because it's 'new' or it's an SFI (thicker) flex plate, but engine is VERY much quieter while it's cranking! almost no noise at all from the starter itself turning the engine over.