Aluminum Radiator problem. 31x19

NazztyMonte

I bought a brand new 31x19, When I shut my hood it hits without even puting the cap on. Now im debating cutting the radiator support and fabricating a tray I can mount an inch lower to get it all to work. Has anyone running aluminum radiators had this problem ?

x2 with Thahn. Bought mine from Northern off of ebay and it had the 45 degree neck Can you return your rad? I've had zero issues with the Northern and the quality is top notch and it has been almost 5 years.

David

Two words BeCool and Griffin. You may not have a drag car, but go to the races and see what people use due to the fact that these two companies radiators cool the best, are application specific, and hold up for a very long time.

Mine is a Nothern. I just noticed it on the side of the tank. My next question is, could someone please measure from the bottom of the Radiator support to the top of it. Mine measures 18" and my radiator is 19.5 tall.

Wow, shocked at least I'm not the only guy that has happened to. I had just ordered a new aluminum radiator 3 weeks ago, 31x19" and had the same problem. I sent it back and ordered one off ebay from the guy in California. Hopefully it will be right, 34"x18 1/2". Good luck. Bill

My next question is, could someone please measure from the bottom of the Radiator support to the top of it. Mine measures 18" and my radiator is 19.5 tall.

I can't measure mine as it is no longer stock but my "original" radiator measures 18 1/2" if that is any help

Mine is a Nothern. I just noticed it on the side of the tank. My next question is, could someone please measure from the bottom of the Radiator support to the top of it. Mine measures 18" and my radiator is 19.5 tall.

you got the universal one, call them back and get the one with the 45 degree fill neck. i did the same thing when i ordered mine, they had no problem exchange for the right one.

thanh

Guest caddycarlo

from the tray to the bolt in plate at the top is like 19.5 but I agree with needing a 45 degree at the cap to keep the overall hight down ...... your other choice if you have a lot into the rad is to make a new lower support and lower the rad in the car just a little .

• 2 months later...