TH-350 CROSSMEMBER END BUSHINGS

I know that you mentioned that you are doing a "frame-off" of your 71, but a less expensive alternative would be to use a crossmember from a Chevelle. They do not use the "end rubbers and bracket", but rather simply bolt to the frame holes which are already there. Even the trans mount is the same. I switched a few of my montes over to the Chevelle type because the monte type also seem to hold water and eventually the crossmember ends, rubbers and brackets rust away. Just a thought.

Mike

Thanks Mike, that makes a lot of sense. I seen the holes on the end that were covered by the rubber clamps so I should be able to use the same crossmember. I was just trying to put it back original since it's going to be a garage queen. I also thought that those rubber ends must make a great sound insulator for the transmission and the frame. I didn't even consider that it is probably a good moisture retainer. I'm going to definitly reconsider, especially since it is hard to find replacement bushings.

• 2 weeks later...

I had too pull mine from a junk yard. i was lucky too find two in perfect condition. as far as I know nobody remanufactures these parts. i had to replace mine, until i can get my frome repaired. the holes in my from are pretty well rusted out. not sure how too fix that but i'll find a way. good luck on getting your brackets.

• 5 months later...

I have a pair of rubbers and brackets that I will sell. They are not perfect but in very reuseable condition. From a dry western Montana 72 monte.Make reasonable offer

Dick 360-600-6467 or email dsutherland@tycovalves.com

I searched this topic and found this info (They are the same as the 69-72 Grand Prix. You can get them from Ames Performance. Go to their website to look them up.)I forgot to see who wrote this but I looked them up pg. 151.