exhaust system

Guest supercoupe5

the question remains unanswered. what makes Torque Tech pipes so much better? ok they fit well.. that's a great start, but what makes their x-pipe system so much better then say FlowMaster or DynoMAx or whoever?

The fit is all I can claim as I don't have an X-pipe system.

Remember all we are talking about are empty pipes here...the only thing that any company can do to make there system better than someones else's is to offer a nice mandrel bent pipe that will fit the car they say it will without problems, good custonmer service is also nice... wink

Their X-pipes are very free flowing...I've seen others that are equal and have seen many that are worse.

Bill

3.5x3%20X%20labeled.jpg

how about dyno results

is that their dyno or your dyno? if it is your's i would believe it. if it's theirs' ???????.

what makes their so better? did they polished the inside to a mirror finish for better flow? or something like that?

just curious as well.

thanh

Guest lurchsmalibu
3.5x3%20X%20labeled.jpg

I have seen 3 bolt flanges just like what the headers have, except they were where the "aft extension" clamps are located. It still looked professional and was simple to swap converters or whatever needed done with the tranny.

• 2 months later...

I am running an X pipe on my system along with single chamber race Flowmasters and it sounds wicked. I started out with an H pipe. It toned my exhaust down which I didnt like but it gave me loads of bottom end torque. I then switched to an X pipe. It sounds better than the H pipe and gave me bottom end, and top end torque.