70 LS6?

Guest TURBOFIRE

Guest TURBOFIRE

I went to Books A Million today just thumbing through some muscle car books and found two different books that stated on the production #'s that 10, 1970 LS6 Monte Carlos were ordered and one of them listed the LS6 as an engine option on the MC. Now I realize that this horse has probably been beat to death, but I just wonder where the book writers are getting their info on the subject? I've seen on here where no one has yet to produce the proof, but is it likely that there is a couple of these out there and the owners don't know there LS6's? Would the date code on the block be the same as the LS5 (CRN) or would it be different?

Unfortunately, most writers for these kinds of books just recycle info they have read in older books and magazines. This rumor has been around for many years and none have been found with documentation. Is it possible Chevy made one or more SS Monte LS6 or SS Monte 4 speed cars? Yes, anything is possible but so far no proof. After 35+ years and none being found, it would seem to be very unlikely. The block code would be different.