Edelbrock Fuel Injection on a big block

Ian

I think my old post got lost when we moved, but I put up a new page for it on my site. It worked out pretty good, still have a little tuning to do.

http://ian.thenovingers.com/blog/?page_id=9

If you have any questions post them here so it can help others.

Ian

Yep it is running. It was easy to get running, but tuning it takes a little work as the interface is a box that you get 2 lines of display at a time. It is running rich (which is better than lean) I need to get one of my buddies to ride with me that understands the operation and can pin point some of the spots where it is too rich or too lean. I got software that I can run on a laptop to log the data, then make changes. If I was going to start over I think after reading more on different forums that I would go with the Holley system as there are a lot of people running it and the support is great. It uses a narrow band O2 sensor so you can't tell how rich or how lean it is, just that is is one or the other. They make a wide band O2 controller that I can use with the laptop, but it is another $300 or so...

But it starts right up and is drivable, just uses more gas than it should, and is down on power a little I think...

Ian

oops sorry about that, the Edelbrock used the Narrow band, and the Holley uses a Wide band, but I can get a Wide band and controller for mine for an extra $300.

Ian

Yeah I saw that one in Supper Chevy and drooled all over it smile I will get the setup I have tuned one of these days, it just takes time. Just about every time I take it out I tweak a little on it. It is just about perfect when it is in closed loop cruising down the road.

I also think that I am going to either buy a 454HO crate motor or build a new 454+ engine one day, as that is what they designed the kit around

Ian