FLOWMASTER SCAVENGER SERIES ELITE HEADERS

Does anybody have these? If so do they hang down low? I also noticed that Flowmaster also has complete A body exhaust kits (2.5 or3".) I'm just doing research at this point for my SS.    Here is a header link. https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/headers_and_exhaust_manifolds/long_tube/parts/814111

Exhaust: https://www.holley.com/products/exhaust/exhaust_systems/flowmaster/american_thunder/parts/17200

I can't attest to how the headers are. 

The exhaust on the other hand I can. The pipes are good. Like any out of the box exhaust systems some "fitting" is required. 

Both my son's Monte and my "barn find" have reused flowmaster systems on them. His retains the flowmaster mufflers and I went with the dynomax ultra flows. Both kits are of the 2 1/2 inch variety. 

His is hooked up to headers while mine is to the factory exhaust manifolds. 

I do recommend getting a factory style exhaust hanger kit. The one from pypes is actually very good. Will fit 2 1/2-3 inch systems. The ground up kit is also very good and will also fit both size exhaust systems only that ground up has a few different style tailpipe hangers which is a nice option. 

Hope this helps. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

I can't attest to how the headers are. 

The exhaust on the other hand I can. The pipes are good. Like any out of the box exhaust systems some "fitting" is required. 

Both my son's Monte and my "barn find" have reused flowmaster systems on them. His retains the flowmaster mufflers and I went with the dynomax ultra flows. Both kits are of the 2 1/2 inch variety. 

His is hooked up to headers while mine is to the factory exhaust manifolds. 

I do recommend getting a factory style exhaust hanger kit. The one from pypes is actually very good. Will fit 2 1/2-3 inch systems. The ground up kit is also very good and will also fit both size exhaust systems only that ground up has a few different style tailpipe hangers which is a nice option. 

Hope this helps. 

How do you like the Ultra Flows? How do they sound? I am actually considering them as well.  

Love the ultra flows! Good sound at idle, a little louder getting on it and quiet in the interior! 

Big Red, my 70 SS  has a 496 and the 3 inch ultra flows. Luv em! 

• Like 1