My Monte's Silver Painted Steel Bumper

ChevroletR

I got tired at looking at my old chrome-washed/faded rear bumper and decided to do something about it. I sanded it down, applied some filler in some of those wavy spots, sprayed with etching primer and sprayed two-stage GM Ultra silver I had laying around. I thought about taping off or removing the bumper bolts to keep their stainless, but they actually turned out pretty good and are still holding up around them where you would think they would chip/crack. What do you think? Good for me until I can afford a nice chrome piece after I graduate and get some money rolling in! Matches the primer nicely!

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Ryan Washington

www.RyansCustoms.com

ryan.. that's exactly what I did with my front bumper, but I used a different silver, that at the time was going to be my body color... but since I'm doing the car in Duplicolor's metallic Deep blue.. I'm going to repaint both front adn rear bumpers in Brilliant Silver metallic smile like u.. the cost of rechroming is outside of my reach.

i took all my bolts, and cleaned them up nice on the wire wheel.

then put nuts back on them so they'd stand up.. and I primered/painted the bolts the same way I did the bumper so they matched when it was all re-assembled smile