Posi advice

Guest lakerman

Guest lakerman

Current set up is a 1970 monte w/ 383 stroker motor, orig non turbo trans & non posi stock 10 bolt rear. I'm thinking about having an Auburn 8.2 3.55 posi installed. there is an outfit called drive train doctor in las vegas offering an all you need kit for 669.00. they think this is the best match as car is daily driver which sees little high way driving, mostly streets & a few open stretches where it opens up. The current trans works fine & figure eventually when it goes I'll have it rebuilt. What can anyone suggest? Personal experience with this product or other advice? Thanks

I would suggest an 8.2 Eaton Posi Unit. You can rebuild them. You can't rebuild the Auburn unit. I have no personal experience with Auburn units but I have beat the snot out of my eaton and it has held up great.

David

i love my eaton.

the 3.55's are going to be excessive even on backroads.. but that's just my two cents. with my 700r4 overdrive trans, the 3.55's are _perfect_ I run 2250 rpm @ 70mph with the o.d

(I have 3.55 btw)

it's nearly impossible for me to stick the power down now betwee the stall converter and the 3.55's lol