4speed Z-Bar ???????

NazztyMonte

Im ready to install my Z-Bar and it;s looking like the rod that connects to it is 4-5" to long. Has anyone installed 4 speeds in there Montes ? If so, does a certain bracket need to be fabricated in order to get it all lined up ? Right now, my mechanic is thinking about cutting the rod that connects to the Z-Bar. I bought a kit for chevelles I think and I know the two cars are differant.

that should be the same as a chevelle, the "Z" bar attaches to the engine block at the same place, the frame mount for the "Z" bar is a monte only piece, the cluth adjustment rod should be the same, I am not sure about the rod that goes to the clutch pedal , I believe it's the same

The only part that is different between Chevelle and Monte 4 speeds is the frame mounted bracket. The frame is shaped differently there but is the same (or close enough) width as a Chevelle.

What do you guys think would be the problem with the rods being way to long ? I bought a brand new Chevelle kit. They donty even line up straight coming out of the fire wall.