trans information

monte70car

i went out and measured the different trans we have in the garage. the first trans i tripped over was the old 350 out of my monte, from the block to the tail shaft it checks out 26". the tail shaft measured 6". the drive shaft from u-joint to u-ujoint was 60". The next trans was the 400 which is in the el camino. the length of it checked out to be 29" from block to tail shaft. the tail shaft on this trans was 4". the cross menber is in the 6th and 7th bolt hole in the frame. The last trans we have is a 700r4 in the monte and nomad. Which checked out as 31.5" from the block to the tail shaft. the 700 has a 7" tailshaft and the cross menber has a bolts in the 2nd and 5th hole in the frame. my drive shaft checked out 54" from u-joint to u-joint, it also has a 350 front yoke on it has its stronger then the 700. my 700 camr from bowtie overdrive out in ca. i hope this information helps other menbers out when they think of a trans swap.

• 1 year later...