BG carb question

HarrisQ

I have a BG Mighty Demon and I am still in the process of tuning my car. Question is do the Mighty Demon's use the same jets and power valves as the Holley's? Thanks

Harris

yes they do, check to see if you have jet extensions and a notched float in the back fuel bowl

Cool and thanks. The BG site says most tuneable parts interchange but I just wanted to make sure before I buy a jet kit from Jegs. If and when I remove the bowls I'll let you know.

I don't believe the mighty demons have jet extensions from the factory. If you install them, make sure that the float doesn't hang up on them as you install the bowl. I ran into that because the screw-in style holley extensions are just the right length that they can just slightly hit the float and cause it not to raise, which will cause the fuel to continually run on the secondary side and spew out the vent!

I don't believe the mighty demons have jet extensions from the factory. If you install them, make sure that the float doesn't hang up on them as you install the bowl. I ran into that because the screw-in style holley extensions are just the right length that they can just slightly hit the float and cause it not to raise, which will cause the fuel to continually run on the secondary side and spew out the vent!

By the BG website I don't think they have the extensions either and have no plans to install them at this point in time. I did not know that there could be interference so good to know for future reference. Now I know why he asked about notched floats.

If you get extensions, get the ones from BG from Jegs that the jets fit inside and when you screw the jets on, they hold the extension tube on as well. They work well and won't cause issues with the float (you still need the notched float though)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tech @ BG
If you get extensions, get the ones from BG from Jegs that the jets fit inside and when you screw the jets on, they hold the extension tube on as well. They work well and won't cause issues with the float (you still need the notched float though)
That would be correct. Also unless you originally ordered one of the new drag race versions of the Mighty Demon they do not come with the jet extensions and cut floats. These would have the letters "DR" after the part number instead of the standard "GC" .

I took the carb apart yesterday to install new jets and to plug the primary power valve. Trying to see what the engine likes. Tech above answered the question. No extensions and no notched bowls as mine is a GC carb. I must say that my carb had alot of trash in it. One of the primary jets was completely blocked by something and don't know how all that crap got in there. Fuel filter looked good but replaced the element anyway. Stared it up and seemed a whole lot better but didn't take it down the road. Idled alot better and started easier.

you'll have to let us know how things go. Why are you planning on plugging the PV? When you plug the PV, you can tune the full throttle pretty well, but when not under full throttle, you will run really rich. The PV is put in there to only open up under load, when you need the fuel richened up.

Not trying to trash any one manufactures carb, but your trash is more than likely from the machining process from the factory that wasn't cleaned out prior to packaging. There has been some reports of this in the last couple years. My first Race Demon was full of junk and even some threads were not fully tapped. Sent it back and ordered a AED. I'm on my third AED carb now(reason is upgrades not bad carbs) and I'll never buy anything else.

you'll have to let us know how things go. Why are you planning on plugging the PV? When you plug the PV, you can tune the full throttle pretty well, but when not under full throttle, you will run really rich. The PV is put in there to only open up under load, when you need the fuel richened up.

The secondary is plugged from factory and a car builder I know says the first thing he does with ALL his carbs is plug the PV's so I thought I would give it a try to see if the car likes it.

I wouldn't plug the primary PV, unless this is strictly a drag car

I agree. You'll have to let us know how you like it once you change it. Remember if you plug that, you will need to go up in primary jet sizes around 10 numbers or so at least to keep it from going lean under load.