Factory gauge testing?

Is there anyway to verify the accuracy of the factory gauges (voltage test etc.)? Or is there a shop that checks and repairs them?  At this point I'm not even sure if mine work.

5 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

Is there anyway to verify the accuracy of the factory gauges (voltage test etc.)? Or is there a shop that checks and repairs them?  At this point I'm not even sure if mine work.

Voltmeter and fuel level are probably the easiest. Simple voltage and ohm measurements. Even then, you would still need a good signal source, multimeter and decade resistance box to do them ( Or a spare fuel sending unit would be OK for the fuel gauge cal, unless you wanted to drop the gas tank to use the one you have...lot more work).  Tach & Amp gauges would probably be a little harder to calibrate for the average person without more specific test equipment.

Redline Gauge Works is out near you in Santa Clarita, CA. They rebuild, modify, etc all sorts of instruments. I ordered my Dakota Digital gauges from Shannon for both my Monte & Z/28. 

https://redlinegaugeworks.com/

• Like 1