Short or long water pump on BBC motor in our Monte Carlo's

420ponies

I'm assuming we are using long pump on BBC motor? Also, where do I find the radiator shroud piece for a BBC for our cars? Just got my BBC 427 back from the shop. Now the fun begins with a bunch of packages shipped to the house! post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

All big blocks in the Monte Carlo use a long water pump from the factory. 

As for the shroud, you have to remove the shroud/extension off of your small block one and get a fan shroud for a 1970 and 70 only big block Chevelle. Then install the extension you removed from the small block to it and WHALLA!  Big block Monte Carlo fan shroud. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this. Trying to keep it all stock looking even though I'm making it the way I want it. It's not a numbers matching car. So it's a how I want it to be. I'm going the after the Custom  package. This has been a on going project from the start along time ago for me. Just like how these look lined up against the rest of our Monte Carlo's.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg