VIN numbers on frame??

Hey Wade, Welcome to the club!!!!   An associate from work is planning on moving down by you somewhere. He said he needs more room and less taxes. His wife (who has already moved) raises horses and dogs. Smart, saving 15k a year just on the taxes he said.    

I am not an expert on this but because i was in the garage today i checked. Hopefully someone who knows can chime in and confirm

The 3990562 is the part number same as mine looks like you have a 350 after it, i have 351

you have 32 and i have 916   we both have C1 CM

What is your build date, they might need that?              Mine is 1/4/71

I dont know how to break it down, so maybe someone else can help with the rest? I will check my books tomm and maybe get lucky to figure the rest out.

CF5D2529-E7DF-489A-AED5-0E6D4C2A604B.thumb.jpeg.481947eb2f6743b48538f8624b4630e3.jpegThanks Willie!  I don’t have the exact build date. Hopefully other members can help me out too. I’m told the other pic attached is a 1972 frame? Are they the same? I would like to know this too. Can They be swapped out?                            P.s tell your friend…get ready for some SEC college football down here,   Roll Tide! 

Hey Wade, This number you just put up is also a good number 6263664 that's what i have for the 72 that i just/almost finished. lol

As far as them interchanging (please someone chime in if i am wrong) yes they do, all 3 years should interchange. However for the 70 they have different rad supports and also different fenders. 71 and 72 rad supports and fenders are interchangeable. 

Hope someone here jumps in and helps with the dates, I checked all the books that i have and not one of the books say anything about the frame codes.

P.S. i will tell him to get ready for some football!!!!  Not sure if he is a big football fan or not though. lol

Ahh, Willie, you are learning well grasshopper! Yes, all 3 first Gen Monte Carlo frames will interchange.

You are also correct that the 70 fenders, radiator support  and tie bar is different than the 71 and 72s. Technically the 72 has a different radiator support than the 71. The difference is the holes for the grille mounted turn signals.

Thank You Teacher Tom i will take that anytime and all day long.  But do you know how to read the numbers on the frame?  Is the million dollar question????  LOL

• Like 1