pop up blockers

kc8oye

can anyone suggest a good pop-up blocker for ie6?

this is a VERY old laptop running win98se with ie6.. I can't install 7 since I can't install xp frown

That is a good use of the Google toolbar, what about putting Linux on the older laptop? What do you use it for?

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

i'm not interested in running linux.. i did it for a while.. can't really be bothered with trying to make it work.

i've used firefox before.. i don't like it..

Then I guess about the only thing that will work would be the Google toolbar. What Linux did you try before? The new Ubuntu works on most hardware right from the get go for normal browsing and what not..

Ian

i ran RedHat for a long time.. I just got tired of having to fight every step of the way to make things work the way I wanted them too.. searching thru help documents for hours to make one minor change to somthing.. I don't have that kind of patience for computers any more.. I wanna turn it on.. and use it... problaby why I've been so happy running XP on my new machine :P~

Like I said Ubuntu makes Linux easy these days. I remember the old RH days and yes it was a pain. Even the new RH is a lot easier. I do a lot in the cmd line, but it nice to be able to point and click some times.

Ian