Lazy soft shifting

Reaper

Yesterday my 4L80 started shifting real lazy.... dont know what happened... Fluid is fine and it doesnt slip while its in gear or on acceleration... when I shift it, its lazy going between gears.. the more RPMs the engine is turning the longer it takes to shift. It use to shift right after I moved the lever not hard but right after... wasnt any delay, now there is. When I engaged the converter the use to kind of jump but now it doesnt... and even the downshifts use to be kind of hard but now I cant even feel it downshift.... You guys have any ideas? Im gonna call the trans shop tomorrow just figured I see if you guys had any ideas... I checked the wires going to it and everything is fine...

Thanks, Tom

I was thinking it was the pump and rossler pretty much confirmed it yesterday.... so now I get to take it all back apart and fix it... frown He said it prolly failed so quick because I didnt shim the converter between the flex plate... I have never done that so I didnt know it was the important... Live and learn.

Thanks Sam....

Tom

More information on this required shimming may be helpful to others. I assume the shim/s would force the converter further into the pump? Is this an issue with using the old style flex plate? Sounds like good information to have.

Thanks, Bruce