Spyware

AL M

Hey everyone, this is my 1st post in this forum. I had some trouble with my pc a short time ago. Seems like I had a massive amount of viruses/parasites which were seriously slowing me down. A computer wiz buddy helped me download a program called Spyhunter 3. It cost $30/yr and seriously found over 1100 so called parasites on its 1st run. It scans everything and kills all these pesky things that track your history and are a nuissance to your pc. From what I understand these parasites keep track of what you do and where you go and then feed back advertisements and junk. They are constantly running when your on your pc. I've heard the phrase "key Loggers" before..I dont know if this is what its finding but it sounds similar. I run this check now almost every night and it kills anywhere from 45-60 parasites per day in my cookies alone..I'm a novice at this stuff and dont know much, but this spyware 3 cleared out all the $hit in my pc and now its running great..I did away with AOL too, thats probably another reason its faster now..lol....just thought i'd share. regards, Al

Whats the best way to dump AOL off, I still have an e-mail address there but I have broadband with Comcast now and an e-mail address there as well.

• 3 weeks later...