codes under hood

monteman71

Hi. I got the codes off of the plate that is right under the hood, and have looked at the code decyfering page on the first gen normal page. The problem is, 1 of the codes that was listed on the page wasn't on my plate. Could there be any reason for this? here is what i got off of the plate

BDT

ST71 13857 K 1204 03

TR 734 42 GPNT

12C 07114

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! I think we didn't see your post! Sorry. blush I'll take a stab at this. Someone please jump in and help if I'm wrong.

I had a similar post awhile back.

It's here.

ST71= 1971

13857= 2 dr coupe body style

K= built in Kansas City

TR734= the trim # of 734 is the type of seats and color of interior. I don't have anything to decode this. Others here do.

42=Cottonwood Green paint

G= The 71 color chart doesn't show this. The 70 chart shows this as Dark Green vinyl top and Dark Green paint on the stainless trim around the vinyl top.

12C= built the 3rd week of Feb 1971

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome! I think we didn't see your post! Sorry. blush I'll take a stab at this. Someone please jump in and help if I'm wrong.

I had a similar post awhile back.

It's here.

ST71= 1971

13857= 2 dr coupe body style

K= built in Kansas City

TR734= the trim # of 734 is the type of seats and color of interior. I don't have anything to decode this. Others here do.

42=Cottonwood Green paint

G= The 71 color chart doesn't show this. The 70 chart shows this as Dark Green vinyl top and Dark Green paint on the stainless trim around the vinyl top.

12C= built the 3rd week of Feb 1971

Originally Posted By: monte70car
734 is dark jade cloth bench seat. g is right for a green vinyl top.

Thanks for the replys guys, A couple of those I hadn't been able to de-code from the page oh the main website.

When we re-do the interior I hope we find another build sheet. Because the one that was wedged between the gas tank and the trunk pan was very hard to read and we couldn't find parts of it.