Blower motor wiring

Joe Szabo

The blower motor is only working on low and the third setting. From what I have read this could be the resistor or the switch. I did check the black to orange wire from the horn relay to the blower relay and it is not connected to the blower relay. When i removed the connector to the blower relay I discovered someone had replaced the connector and wired an external wire on terminal 3 that will reach the horn relay. This wire would carry the current but was connected to a much smaller wire at the blower relay connector and no inline fuse. Also all of the wires on the new connector are black. After I peeled back the tape for the new connector there was the purple, blue and orange wires. However the orange wire was the one going to the blocking dieseling relays as it is much smaller. The orange wire from the horn relay was not present. I peeled off some more of the wire loom and still no large orange wire. I could peel off a section evey foot or so to track it down or just put a external wire with a inline fuse. I do have the blower relay and a new connector on order. I did connect the existing external wire to the horn relay and still no blower high speed.

Anyone know what the rating is for the inline fuse? I thought I read somewhere it is a 20 or 30 amp.

Thanks in advance!!  

CLICTL.jpg

relay.jpg

30 amps for the inline fuse in the engine compartment,  and it's for the high speed fan setting.

• Like 4