In search of my 74 Monty. Old vin numbers and new systems do not jive. Any suggestions ?

Welcome Kevin.

Possible options are to see if your DMV can do a search, but nowadays with privacy laws, it's doubtful they'll give you much data.

Best possible option is if you have a police officer friend that may be able to run the VIN for you. Have to be careful there though, as some places frown upon that and the officer could get in trouble, and if he does give you any info, don't throw him under the bus if you talk to the current owner, when they ask how you found them.

That will pretty much only work if the car is currently registered too. If it's sitting in a barn somewhere or the current owner has access to dealer plates to drive it around without registering it, it won't show up either.

Or, it was crushed a long time ago and is now a washing machine or lawn mower deck......sorry, just kidding.😁.

• Like 4

Try this site:

https://www.facebook.com/lostmusclecars

I am looking for my wife's 73 Mercury Cougar, stolen in 1979. They replied that they looked but no luck.

Give it a try!

• Like 1