Bristol May 4-5 Member List and Hotel

Hotel Edit:  most everyone already had reservations here so gonna stick with it. 

Quality Inn Bristol 

3281 W State St, Bristol, TN 37620

423-797-4822

1 Donny & Jackie vestal TN

2 Jared & Ashely Richey SC

3 Joe & Denny Roman PA

4 Gary Vanetter PA

5 Randy Czankner PA 

6 Tim & Debra Rogers SC

7 Richard & Joyce Dixon GA

8 Manual Prince SC

Ok, I'm just throwing this out there............But first the disclaimers........  I am not involved with the club function or activities planned for the Bristol mini -meet. I have no first hand knowledge of any hotels or properties in the area. Except the location is next to where we stayed in 2021 and had good access . Lastly I will not be participating in any club activities or event car show activities. I had a great time in 2021 even though I was only around for the arm chair racing at night. And just like 2021 I'll be in Bristol but I'll be spending all my time t the drag strip 🤘

So anyway, I did a google search for reviews at the selected hotel. And yes I know reviews are subjective, so take this however you want. The main red flag for me was 63% of the reviews were unsatisfactory for the bathroom, and general room cleanliness. Since most of us only book a room to sleep, shower and such that was a little too high for me.

I'm NOT trying to disparage the work that has gone into the planning, just passing along some info. The event host, Bowtie Nationals, suggests this hotel ( Delta Hotel Bristol) has a discount for $117 for a 2 queen bed room per night. 

HOST HOTEL – Delta Hotel Bristol
SPECIAL SHOW RATE $117+tax (King Use Code GA5GA5A or Double Queen Use Code GA5GA5C) – 13.6 miles from Speedway

On 1/29/2024 at 6:28 PM, DragCat said:

Ok, I'm just throwing this out there............But first the disclaimers........  I am not involved with the club function or activities planned for the Bristol mini -meet. I have no first hand knowledge of any hotels or properties in the area. Except the location is next to where we stayed in 2021 and had good access . Lastly I will not be participating in any club activities or event car show activities. I had a great time in 2021 even though I was only around for the arm chair racing at night. And just like 2021 I'll be in Bristol but I'll be spending all my time t the drag strip 🤘

So anyway, I did a google search for reviews at the selected hotel. And yes I know reviews are subjective, so take this however you want. The main red flag for me was 63% of the reviews were unsatisfactory for the bathroom, and general room cleanliness. Since most of us only book a room to sleep, shower and such that was a little too high for me.

I'm NOT trying to disparage the work that has gone into the planning, just passing along some info. The event host, Bowtie Nationals, suggests this hotel ( Delta Hotel Bristol) has a discount for $117 for a 2 queen bed room per night. 

HOST HOTEL – Delta Hotel Bristol
SPECIAL SHOW RATE $117+tax (King Use Code GA5GA5A or Double Queen Use Code GA5GA5C) – 13.6 miles from Speedway

Donny is looking into the Holiday Inn. He knows someone there. So hold off on the rooms right now. But that motel is not bad. It was remodeled as a Quality Inn before 2020 the first time we stayed there. It used to be a dump lol

• Like 1

• Jared Richey changed the title to Bristol May 4-5 Member List and Hotel

Donny informed me most everyone had already made their reservations at the quality inn. So that's where we will be. 

• 1 month later...