clutch help.....

i had to remove the clutch linkage to install my headers today, and when i put it all back together, the clutch wont engage, the pedal is extremely firm, and the pedal sits a lot higher. i think i put it back together wrong. does anyone have a picture or a diagram of what it is supposed to look like?

Is it possible that the Z-bar needs to be turned around? I mean, could it be that the end of the bar that should be against the frame got put against the transmission?

the clutch fork is fine. that didnt move and everything seems like it is where it should be, but it still aint workin.

i really need to see a diagram or picture of what it is supposed to look like.

What kind of headers did you install? I have a 454 in my monte and converted it to a 4 speed. I had to remove my Hooker Competition headers because the rod that connects the clutch fork to the "Z" bar. It hit the tube and was no way gonna work. I hate it but I had to put stock manifolds back on. I don't have a picture to send you but good luck......Fran

i fixed it. the clutch fork was just out of place a tad. i'm using Dynomax ceramic coated longtubes for 70-81 Camaro big block. fits perfect on the drivers side, i havent put the pass. side on.

note that it doesnt list the headers to fit a Monte, but they indeed fit perfectly. they are like 250 or so from Summit Racing.