stock TH350 kickdown

Last year when I put the engine back in and rebuilt carb, I noticed my tranny would not kick down. The tranny was never removed. It appears to pull on the cable at full throttle, but apparently not far enough. If you twist the little plastic part with the spring that attaches to the intake bracket, will that give/take slack in the cable? Just never got around to messing with it. Thanks.

This is from the 1970Chevrolet service manual

Detent Cable adjustment for Turbo Hydra-Matic 350 Transmission.

1 Disengage snap lock on detent cable .(located at rear of intake manifold,drivers side)

2 Place caruretor at wide open throttle (W.O.T.)position(make sure throtte lever is against W.O.T. stop).On vehichles equipped with a Qudrajet carburetor disengage the secondary lockout before placing lever in W.O.T. position.

NOTE: (Detent cable must be thru detent)

3 With carburetor lever in W.O.T. position snap lock on detent cable downward until top is flush with cable.

mike

Hey PRYO

How did the adjustment go on the cable? I am having a similar problem with mine only I can't get the cable clamp to lock on to the support.

Was there a clip that holds it in place?