TH400 Shift cable bracket and shift cable?

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference from a TH350 & TH400 Console mounted shift cable? I understand the transmission mounted shift cable bracket is different. Have included a pic to confirm if this is the style I am looking for. Any help greatly appreciated as I am upgrading to the TH400 from the TH350. Thanx much......

yb.jpg

I also am not certain if the Drivelines and u-joints are different. I have the driveline that came with the TH400 and if used are the u-joints different than the TH350?

Anything else I may have missed or deemed important also greatly appreciated.

Thanx for any and all help on this.

All have a GREAT day.......

Doug

Hey Doug,

I believe there are two differences that you need to be concerned with. The first is the cable bracket as you noted and the second is the yoke on the front of the driveshaft. You will need to use the bracket of a TH400 and the larger yoke also for the TH400. The shift cables should be the same. Good luck!

Mike

Hey Doug,

I also just remembered a few more things. The crossmember will hve to be moved back to another set of mounting holes which should already be in the frame and the downshift mechanism is different between the TH350 and TH400. The TH350 uses a downshift cable on the carb and the TH400 uses a switch on the trans which is activated by swicth on top of the gas pedal. I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.

Mike

Hey thanx Mike,

I had figured out the Trans mount relocation and the Kick Down Switch, I am swapping out the 10 bolt differential to a 12 bolt posi as well. I do have the driveshaft that came with the TH400. It appears it will be needed because of the differences in the tranny's. I will have to verify the Differential yoke size as I am not sure what tranny was driving it, Thanx for the tip. Trying to avoid any unforseen trouble when I make the swap out. I have determined the bracket photo is the correct one I need. Because the tranny pan bolt pattern is different than on the 350, this configuration will provide the adjustment for correct location for shift cable mounting. Again appreciate the heads up. Would ne a real bummer getting it that close to done and find out the yoke didn't match up!

Have a GREAT day Mike.....

Doug